Saturday, 14 May 2011

Live: Osama Bin Laden dead (BBC headline)

SHARE

What I dislike considerably more than the fact that Osama was murdered are the people who blithely justify murder.






Osama was NOT a war criminal. He was a common criminal who should have been tried in an ordinary court. In Pakistan or Afghanistan or wherever he planned his crimes.




Dick Cheney in 2006: "We've never made the case or argues the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was behind 9/11."






The robust patriotism of Americans is something to admire like their belief in God. Instead the English and Europeans often sneer, an evidence of our decadence. When we ruled the world we were different. Liberals like Dickens and Macaulay wanted Indian mutineers shot in the streets. Still I wish Osama had been caught and tried.











3000 killed on 9/11 and 3000 killed by the IRA over 25 years . While the USA made war, we made terms. I wish we had not just as I wish we had not invaded Iraq.




The last word is a post by my Facebook friend Amanda Craig:  Am I alone in wishing Osama spends the afterlife queuing in airport security?

No comments:

Post a Comment