Wednesday, 27 July 2011

The ideal restaurant

SHARE
The ideal restaurant: no children. People texting or emailing below the table as Tony did for twenty minutes the other night  is the worst after children. And suddenly I slightly dislike people smoking near me which I never noticed before. The zeitgeist moves in mysterious ways.

On the positive side, good conversation, intellectual and playful and funny and anarchic. And pretty women and nowhere grand. Cheap restaurants have genuine character unlike the phony characters expensive restaurants have. In Romania they very often have better food.

Restaurants were such an expensive treat - just three or four times a year - in my teens and make me feel a bit guilty. As they should. Give your money to the poor, Paul.


(I knew a woman who used to say she gave her money to the poor by buying expensive clothes made in sweat shops.)

No comments:

Post a Comment