Sunday, 19 February 2012

SHARE

Pray, act, don’t think too much.

Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.  William James

The point of praying is to open yourself up to God so God can do what he wants with you. You come with empty hands, as silent as you can be and say, “Over to you.” So you could say the function was to make you the person God wants you to be...’ Archbishop Williams

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. Leonardo da Vinci

This morning I suddenly understood that to understand I only had to be silent and to pray. But I read two things in the paper and God waited with His infinite courtesy. Almost infinite? And then I made myself an omelette.

Life dooms you to success. To enough success to prevent you trying something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment