Friday, 16 March 2012

Queens' story

SHARE
... a neat trick ...

" While at Queens' College, Cambridge, Terence White wrote his thesis on Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur (without reading it),and graduated in 1928 with a first-class degree in English." ~ Francois Gallix

My college - I can very well believe it. The worst advice I was ever given repeatedly was that you have to work hard to take a First. Not true but I believed it and did not cram for one at the end after terms of inertia. Alas alas - imagine the fun of studying history.
I read the first half of Malory with intense delight when I was 11 but never opened the second book and wonder if i would love it now.

1 comment:

  1. No, you don't always have to 'work hard' to be the best at something...

    Actually, when one truly likes something, what people around may consider 'hard work' is a daily delight for those engaged in that effort.

    ReplyDelete