Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Dieting

SHARE
I remember in the late 90s when everyone was arguing about the Atkins Diet, I thought it was a sign of contemporary decadence that the passion that other generations devoted to theological disputes in our age is spent on discussing how to lose weight. But now theology has become violent again and it is no longer funny or true to say that hypochondria is the only religious enthusiasm of our times. Meanwhile I put on a stone and a half under the stress of overwork at the start of the boom and have to lose them.


I have followed my friend Dorina's rather lax version of the Montignac diet for 9 days and have lost 4 kg which is over half a stone - and eaten like a king (no not a surfeit of lampreys). Dorina lost 25 kg without pain and another (vegetarian) friend lost 15 kg easily. Her version permits unlimited dairy products and cheese and the occasional glass of wine too. I shall update on my progress. 


Not drinking is also great fun though it wouldn't do to make a habit of it. Moderation in all things including moderation.

1 comment:

  1. Progress less than zero since I forgot about it immediately after writing this but I shall start again - tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete