Thursday, 14 June 2012

My country

SHARE


"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England". Winston Churchill

"Toute ma vie, je me suis fait une certaine idée de la France." Charles de Gaulle



I love Romania too with all my heart - and I love all the countries in the world with all my heart, those I have visited (which are many) and those I only heard about. But I do not love mankind - who could? And I want countries to continue and flourish but instead countries are ceasing to be countries in the sense we knew until a moment ago. 


Is this inevitable? To quote, as I never tire of doing, A.J.P.Taylor: 


Nothing is inevitable until it happens.
And Winston Churchill  in 1938:


 "It is a crime to despair. We must learn to draw from misfortune the means of future strength."  

No comments:

Post a Comment