Wednesday, 14 November 2012

E is for extravert, finest that lives

SHARE
I had lunch the other day with a man I know, who told me, 'as you can see I am an introvert.' I could see nothing of the sort because he and I meet one to one. He recommended this book on Introverts, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking.  


"There have been many excellent leaders that have been characterized as introverts – Rosa Parks, Abraham Lincoln, and Bill Gates ...." 

Certainly, I know very well that introverts can be good leaders although I am not sure I am impressed particularly by those three, though I dare say, despite my detestation for Lincoln, who could have allowed the South to secede peacefully, he was a good leader. I am not particularly impressed by Attlee or Kitchener but I would like to know much more about this subject. Many psychopaths are introverts like Hitler and Stalin but even extraverted psychopaths have many introverted characteristics - they observe and read people in the  way introverts observe. See my post on this here.
E is for extravert, finest that lives 
Whom the introvert never forgets or forgives.

This rhyme was used by a psychology lecturer in his lectures and has stuck in my mind reminding me to research the secret annoyance introverts feel for extraverts. I have learnt to overcome my own irritation with people who like to be private and not say what they think like Englishmen should. Well, I am trying to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Rosa Parks? LOL In March of 1999, a prominent hip-hop duo named Outkast recorded a song that they named "Rosa Parks". It quickly became the best-selling single off of the album Aquemini. Rosa, and her attorneys, took issue with the chorus of the song, saying it was disrespectful to Rosa. The lyrics for the chorus said, "Ah ha, hush that fuss/Everybody move to the back of the bus..." Parks' attorneys filed a suit in Federal court alleging that Outkast had used Rosa Parks' name illegally and without permission. Unfortunately the court did not agree and the case was dismissed. In August of 2000, Parks hired famed attorney Johnnie Cochran to appeal the decision made by the U.S. District Court. The decision was upheld and more appeals were filed by her caretakers and attorneys, but a stop was finally put to it by Parks' niece who stated that Parks' caretakers and attorneys were only pursuing the legal action for their own financial gain and that her aunt would not want trivial proceedings such as this to deter the rise to success of young black youth. http://www.rosaparksfacts.com/rosa-parks-later-years.php

    ReplyDelete