Wednesday, 27 March 2013

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself."

SHARE


"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself." Soren Kierkegaard



"A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world". ~Lois Wyse


"Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around." ~ G.K. Chesterton.


“I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn’t just that I don’t believe in God and, naturally, hope that I’m right in my belief. It’s that I hope there is no God! I don’t want there to be a God; I don’t want the universe to be like that.” 
Thomas Nagel


"On all the issues that divide liberals from Christians, the actual pagans of history, as well as the actual Muslims of the present, stand squarely with the Christians. I will even go so far as to encapsulate this in the maxim: Christianity is the vindication of paganism." 
Bonald


"The individual is foolish; the multitude, for the moment is foolish, when they act without deliberation; but the species is wise, and, when time is given to it, as a species it always acts right."
Edmund Burke


"He never laughs. Real laughter involves losing control, and Boris never does that." Sonia Purnell, Boris Johnson's biographer


"You have to string the blighters up - it's the only language they understand." General Zia ( I saw him do so on television - was he talking about Bhutto?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not quite in agreement with Edmund Burke on this one.

    ReplyDelete