Friday, 13 December 2013

Blonde tells children Santa Claus is white shock

SHARE
'Be good sweet maid and let who will be clever.' 


This newscaster (newscastress is a word?) is in trouble for telling the children of the USA
that Santa Claus is white. Everyone who comments on the net seems to be furious and many of their denunciations of this pretty girl are blood-curdling and expressed in obscenities. The collective unconscious of America has been troubled by this nonsense.. She has touched off America's mental breakdown about race.

When I saw this story my urge was to protect this nice girl from the leftish goblins attacking her. Of course Jesus may have been, probably was, off-white but one understands what she meant. Then I read further and saw that Megyn was responding to this. 



In a column for Slate earlier this week, Aisha Harris wrote that she had always been confused as a child because the Santa in her home had brown skin like her, but the Santa in malls and on television was always white.
So Harris made the case “that America abandon Santa-as-fat-old-white-man” and adopt a penguin in his place.

“For one thing, making Santa Claus an animal rather than an old white male could spare millions of nonwhite kids the insecurity and shame that I remember from childhood,” she wrote.


Well I get her point too but it is a ridiculous one - perhaps we should be laughing at Miss Harris not the fair Megyn.

Actually, though she is amusingly misinformed not to know that Jesus was not, actually, very white, nevertheless at the risk of being called a Nazi, a black Santa does seem pretty odd to me. St Nicholas might have been beige for ought I know, though not if he was a Greek which I think he was, but, after all, if Santa lives in Lapland ...... 

What colour are Lapps, now I come to think of it? 

In America they think Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, so he might be eskimo, though I dare say only Nazis use the word eskimo these days. Perhaps I shall get away with Esquimaux.

Anyway, Santa was certainly white when Coca Cola invented him.

If Miss Kelly said these words on British television she would probably be fired, by the way. And that, to my mind, is not amusing at all.

I have just remembered that I caught sight of Father Christmas leaving my bedroom once and I am embarrassed to say I refused to disbelieve in his existence until my parents told me he did not. This might weaken my credentials for persuading people to believe in Christianity but in fact as Cardinal Newman said, a Catholic is required to believe in seven impossible things before breakfast. I was simply being a good conservative.

8 comments:

  1. Would I be perceived a racist should I dare imply that the color of snow is white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Denmark and maybe Belgium too, St. Nicholas' main helper is Black Pete. He's Black. Is it racist? Is it anti-woman? "Cheers" in spite of myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes it is racist. The scariest part is that you even need to ask.

      Delete
    2. Of course it is not racist, the question was a joke, and even if it were racist the question would not be scary.

      Delete
  3. ". This might weaken my credentials for persuading people to believe in Christianity . . . ."

    As a faithful Catholic, that made my night!

    ReplyDelete