Friday, 20 November 2015

That Youth's sweet-scented Manuscript should close!

SHARE
When you get older you only want one thing... to be young, said a friend of mine on Facebook. I wondered if it is true. He is thinking of sex, I expect. And thinking about it (ageing I mean, not sex) I decided I like getting older - life is a search for understanding and that begins at 40 and increases a lot after 50. 

I suspect life for a man starts at 50. For women life starts much sooner.


"What music is more enchanting than the voices of young people, when you can't hear what they say?" 
So said Logan Pearsall Smith. When one envies the young just remember how lacking their conversation is. At least this young men's, even clever ones' - clever women of 24 or even 21 know a huge amount.

1 comment:

  1. I plead guilty to the original comment but must claim "innocence" as to my motivation. As we are in a hypothetical situation here, my thoughts took me back to 20 years old with the caveat that I have my current knowledge... I would get to 40 with added finance and knowledge so that I can spend the wiser years of my life from 40 to 90 as I please, and join those elevated conversations with added contribution.

    As for the sex, if this time shift allowed me to average an hour of sex every day for the rest of my life, that equates to 4% of my time... having retired once already what concerns me more is how to fill the other 96% !!

    David Lumby

    Forgetting the hypothetical I find I am enjoying "50" and fully aware that mans greatest arrogance is that he will be alive tomorrow, I just enjoy every day to the fullest

    ReplyDelete