Friday, 11 March 2016

The middle-aged lack moral seriousness

SHARE
How repellent, physically and morally, tourists in their 50s and 60s are. One shies away from them but I attract them since I am now 52. They have the impertinence to think I am one of them. I remember a beautiful bitchy friend of mine, Clare, whom I met again at age of 35 after not being on speakers for five years, said, 'How awful everyone looks at our age!'

What does she think now, I wonder? I know exactly what she thinks, of course. 

And people in their 50s are so unexciting, so - well, frankly, vulgar. There are a few exceptions of course, such as my friends - and people in their 20s are dull, except for intelligent and decorative girls. But it is the moral shortcomings of people in their 50s that sadden me most. I see beautiful energetic people in their 20s turn into Romanian simulacra of bankers in their 30s and oh the dullness. Older people lack moral seriousness... continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment