Thursday, 7 July 2016

Quotations for Friday

SHARE


Not until the later 20th century would English people take as much leisure time as they had before 1600.


Richard Tombs


I wish I were the person I was when I wished to be the person I am now.


Argyris, Greek philosopher, 2016 A.C.



Whatever happens will be for the worse and therefore it is in our interest that as little should happen as possible.

Lord Salisbury





Yep the Guardian is talking about women politicians arriving to "clear up the mess made by men". Does that include all human civilisation?

1 comment:

  1. No, but you must admit that it's been pretty funny how the blowhards who led the Brexit collapse have stabbed each other in the back or run away from the havoc they created. Cleaning up civilization is another matter, but Ms May for all her shortcomings seems capable of something Messrs Johnson, Gove and Farage are not -- grimly facing (and doing) actual work.

    ReplyDelete