Tuesday, 12 July 2016

The passing of David Cameron

SHARE
If I were Prime Minister I wouldn't address the nation from behind a mike in the middle of Downing St, as David Cameron did when he announced his resignation yesterday. I'd have the TV schedule interrupted while I did the full Prime Ministerial thing from behind my desk. 
"I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany....."


Admittedly the little song David Cameron sang to himself as he walked away from the mike was endearing.

It vaguely reminded me of another Tory whose career was destroyed by Europe, Norman Lamont.

John Pienaar (BBC reporter): Which do you regret more, singing in the bath when forced to withdraw from the ERM, or talking prematurely of green shoots last autumn?
Norman Lamont: I .. Je ne regrette rien.

No comments:

Post a Comment