Monday, 10 October 2016

Quotations

SHARE
Out of evil, much good has come to me... I always thought that when we accepted things they overpowered us in some way or other. This turns out not to be true at all, and it is only by accepting them that one can assume an attitude towards them. So now I intend to play the game of life, being receptive to whatever comes to me, good and bad, sun and shadow forever alternating, and, in this way, also accepting my own nature with its positive and negative sides. Thus everything becomes more alive to me. What a fool I was! How I tried to force everything to go according to the way I thought to!
A letter from a former patient to Jung

Why is it that the only memorable, let alone amusing, remarks made by prime ministers are all from Tories?
Robert Tombs


A week is a long time in politics.
Harold Wilson

Race is not a social construct, society is a racial construct.
Audrey McClain - Alley

Is there anything more hate filled than the way the Observer spits out the words "Little England"?
Peter Totman

No comments:

Post a Comment