Here is wise advice that is going the rounds among traumatised Democrats in the USA during this very painful time for them.
"Here are 10 steps to go through these times with dignity and gain strength.
3. Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work;Wise Democrats realise that they may well help Donald Trump by their backlash against him, a backlash which he clearly wants to provoke.
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and small hands;
5. Keep your message positive; he wants the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which his darkest policies will grow.
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk
7. Support artists and the arts
8. Be careful not to spread fake news
9. Take care of yourself; and
Like a judo player, Mr. Trump uses his opponents' strength against them.
Trump, of course, is not really a Republican at all. His big test is whether he can remake the Republicans from scratch. Unless he does so, he is not really in power. At the moment he is vulnerable.
The most important question for us in the Old World is: will his ideas be copied in Europe? Steve Bannon is trying to make this happen and is bringing Breitbart to Europe to help Le Pen and AfD.
There never were more interesting times, since the end of or probably since the start of the Cold War.
The only one of those ten pieces of advice that is mistaken is 3, at least as far as social media is concerned. One trolls people in the social media partly for fun but also to convert by-standers and lookers-on, not the person one trolls. He is just the stooge.