Friday, 31 July 2026

Alan Dershowitz, lawyer to Epstein and Trump, and Professor Mohammad Marandi on Piers Morgan's show

Alan Dershowitz:

“Will you at least admit that Iran murdered, in cold blood, as many as 50,000 innocent protesters? And would you admit, if that’s true, that that comes close to the genocide? That anything that Israel is confused of doing in self-defense after its people were raped, kidnapped, murdered on October 7th, would you at least admit that the Iranian regime has killed many, many, many thousands of people?”

Professor Marandi:

“You know, we are not in 1935. We are not in 1935. We are in 1942. You are the Nazi regime that is carrying out a Holocaust in Gaza. You are the Nazi who is doing it as we speak. You’re the evil monster. You say Israel is not a colonial regime. You’re from Eastern Europe. You’re European. All of those Ashkenazi Jews who are now running the country. They’re from Eastern Europe. You came and slaughtered. I’m talking. I didn’t interrupt you as you were ranting. You, the people who you support, the people who are running the country, they’re Polish, they’re Ukrainian, they’re from Czechoslovakia. You’re not a semite. You’re the antisemite. You’ve been slaughtering—You won’t let me talk. You’re afraid. You are afraid because you have no argument. You have no leg to stand on. You slaughtered the semite Palestinians, and you took their land. You are a proud Zionist who supports a regime that celebrates the rapists in prison. They rape Palestinians in prison, and then they’re celebrated on television.”

I can't see how anyone can deny Israel is a colonial project but an Israeli Facebook friend became apopleptic when I said this on a post of hers that denied it and said Arabs were the colonialists, there were many Arab countries and only one small Jewish one. I made matters worse by saying the reason there were many Arab countries is because colonial powers created them.

It did me no good saying that I approve of colonialism. One Israeli told me I was astonishingly ignorant and clearly knew no history.

I dislike the way colonial is used as a pejorative term. Colonialism did huge good. Still according to Mark Marzower 80,000 people in Madagascar were killed by the French suppressing the 1947 uprising though this figure is very contested. Some think it is 90,000, others 11,000.

80,000 is comparable with the official number of Arabs killed in Gaza by Israel though I think the real number is several times higher.

Some writer in the Daily Telegraph was scornful that Israel was called colonial as if it were Rhodesia. 

But Rhodesia was a benign society that did very much good for the indigenous people.

Does anyone think this is true of Israeli rule over Gaza or the West Bank? 

No comments:

Post a Comment