Ray McGovern, 86, a very loveable former CIA man, and another former CIA man of a much more recent vintage, Joe Kent, agree that 99.44 percent of the intelligence the US receives about Iranian nuclear capacity comes from the Israelis 'and this was the same with Iraq'.
Israel invented fears of an Iranian bomb in the 1990s to keep the US in the region.
I doubt they believed in the Iranian nuclear weapons threat until the current war, but it's probably going to be a self fulfilling prophecy now.
I have seen several former intelligence officers say Israel is the main reason the US invaded Iraq and that this has been hidden since the consequences were what they were.
This was not how it seemed to the public then or after.
The FT months afterwards came up with a list of seven or eight reasons for the invasion, none good.
Joe Kent says Israeli contacts or a contact (I wasn't sure) told him Israel urged the decapitation of the Ayatollah not expecting swift regime change but to enmesh the US in a long war.
Mr Kent called the ongoing U.S. military actions against Iran a "bombing campaign in search of a strategy." That's a good phrase and a statement of the obvious.
Larry Johnson, another former CIA officer, says there is a US 'paramilitary' presence in Ukraine and perhaps fewer than 500 (I presume American) mercenaries. Formerly there were many more mercenaries.
The podcast is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment