Saturday 22 July 2023

So the Ukrainians blew up the pipeline

SHARE

I can be shockingly naive. I actually read about the blowing up of the Nord Stream pipeline and how it was the Russians who were probably to blame without seeing at first that this was absurd. I just accepted the nonsense for a few days.

Propaganda is insidious.

I was rightly incensed that the media that pretended that the Russians were to blame then suppressed the evidence in Seymour Hersh's scoop that it was the Americans. 

Nevertheless, the evidence from his anonymous source has been shown to have as many holes in it as the pipeline. Who gave it to Mr Hersh? 

Who blew up the pipeline? I really didn't know until the Russian "pranksters" Vovan & Lexus, pretending to be President Zelensky, asked Henry Kissinger who he thought was guilty. Dr Kissinger responded after a very, very long pause: "I thought you were."

As he thinks that then so do I, for all the difficulties in believing the Ukrainians were capable of it, the biggest difficulty being that the Ukrainian navy is in the Black Sea not the Baltic. 

But who else could it be? Had it been the Americans surely the secret wouldn't have been kept, as Anglo-American Russia expert Fiona Hill said. She also thinks it's the Ukrainians and, wrong headed though she is about Donald Trump and much else, she is not stupid.

If not the Ukrainians then I can't think of any other suspects other than the Americans. But I trust Kissinger's instinct.

  

3 comments:

  1. The long pause is the interesting bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a helpful tweet that someone has linked underneath it…

    https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1681478350400024576

    ReplyDelete