Sunday, 30 August 2026

John Mearsheimer

SHARE
Chris Hedges interviewed John Mearsheimer in a podcast published today

JM said Scott Bessent's economic sanctions will not work or they would have been tried before. He calls them a Hail Mary pass, which is a very long forward pass in American football made in desperation, with very little chance of succeeding.

The chances of Iran being forced to surrender are almost unimaginably small because the conflict for Iran is existential.

"If you just step back a second and think about how to assess the relative danger you face from Iran and the United States from the perspective of a Gulf state... it's the United States that's the greater threat."

"I think in very important ways all sorts of states in that region would like to see the United States get its comeuppance." [1]

"The only thing I can say with a high degree of certainty is it looks like one giant mess that's going to lead to endless trouble."

I saw this on X.



No comments:

Post a Comment