Tuesday 30 July 2024

Demonic forces at the Olympic Games

SHARE



The spokesman for the Romanian Orthodox Patriarch was reported in the newspapers yesterday saying the parody of the Last Supper at the Olympic Games 'is the direct consequence of influence of a demonic nature'. 

I am glad some Catholic priests said similar things. I bet Archbishop Welby didn't.


Adevarul has Father Agachi's words in its print edition yesterday but not on its online edition when I looked late afternoon. I wonder why.


Were they taken down not to offend someone and if so whom? Nobody in Romania for sure.


I am pleased the Pope condemned war on Sunday. Christians should be much more concerned about the dead in Gaza, Yemen, Ethiopia and Ukraine than this.


But the French Republic is an old enemy of the Church.

1 comment: