Tuesday 16 February 2021

"We should have hanged George Washington. He was the worst sort of populist."

SHARE

I left Facebook and will leave Twitter tomorrow for Lent and perhaps for good. Today I got my first suspension from social media, for twelve hours, for commenting on a post by the  American political opportunist Nikki Haley, praising George Washington as the president in office when the US Constitution was written. 

I commented, as I always repeat, that it was a shame we didn't hang him. I showed some originality by adding that he was the worst sort of populist. In a split second I was suspended for twelve hours. Oh well. 

Magna est veritas et prævalet. Great is the truth, and it prevails.

Everyone else pointed out that Washington wasn't president when the constitution was written. How could the presidency be older than the constitution? She is another inhumanly stupid politician, more stupid than Old Man Biden, Ursula von der Leyen or possibly even Theresa May. 

4 comments:

  1. 'Magna est veritas et prævalet'

    “I first discovered Christian Orthodoxy four years ago when I walked into a small church in Bucharest. That powerful experience stayed with me, but I could not have known that it would lead me on a journey that would lead to me becoming a member of the Romanian church.” 

    Paul Kingsnorth

    Paul Kingsnorth was baptized as a Christian Orthodox at the Romanian Monastery in Shannonbridge, Ireland, on the feast of Christ’s Baptism on January 6 this year.

    https://basilica.ro/en/writer-paul-kingsnorth-baptized-in-the-romanian-orthodox-church-says-he-feels-like-arriving-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you missed your chance now didnt you?

    Do you think a dominion status "america" could have bailed you out financially and militarily from you WW1 follies?

    Poor ennervated and SJW conquered England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite surprised. I thought George Washington was a white supremacist Nazi racist these days and would be fair game.

    I assume it was some algorithm that decided you were a dangerous revolutionary plotting to overthrow the legitimate government. Unlike George Washington, who was totally not a dangerous revolutionary plotting to overthrow the legitimate government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. The complaint in the Declaration of Independence about the King that "He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions" were deleted on Facebook. So would be, I assume, Lincoln's comments on black men and the inferiority of the greatest among them to white men. Thank God we are not American. Or is that remark racist?

      Delete