Friday 14 February 2020

'After Attending a Trump Rally, I Realized Democrats Are Not Ready For 2020'

SHARE
I just read this touching article by a very nice sounding American Democrat, who decided to attend a Trump rally. 

When she stood in the very long queue everyone was friendly. When she mentioned that she was a Democrat the answer she received was 'Good for you. Welcome.' 

This was very different from the attitudes of Democrats to Trump supporters.

She found the rally
was so different than any other political event I had ever attended. Even the energy around Barack Obama in 2008 didn’t feel like this.
She came away with this conclusion.
'As I left the rally—walking past thousands of people who were watching it on a giant monitor outside the arena because they couldn’t get in—I knew there was
no way Trump would lose in November. Absolutely no way. I truly believe that it doesn’t matter who the Democrats nominate: Trump is going to trounce them. If you don’t believe me, attend one of his rallies and see for yourself. Don’t worry, they really won’t hurt you.
'Today, I voted in the New Hampshire Democratic Primary for Pete Buttigieg. I genuinely feel that Pete would be great for this country, and maybe he’ll have his opportunity in the future. But tomorrow, I’ll be changing my voter registration from Democrat to Independent and walking away from the party I’ve spent the past 20 years in to sit in the middle for a while.'

4 comments:

  1. After every Trump rally -- and I don't want to give too much away here-- after every Tramp rally, they know who in that crowd voted and who didn't, for how many years they haven't voted, if ever. They know whether they voted Democrat or Republican. This is based on what people tell them. The point is, at every one of these rallies, everybody that shows up is exhaustively researched.

    It's not an invasion of privacy. They're all talked to. And if people don't want to respond, then they don't want to respond, and they're not included. Potential fundraising is calculated.
    And, folks, I'm not gonna give you specifics because I don't want to give away the store here, but at these Trump rallies in the past two years, the numbers of people who didn't vote for Trump but who plan to, is off the charts.

    The Rush Limbaugh Show
    Dec 2019

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting. I have read similar things by Democrat journalists who attend his rallies. Mr Gladstone - a more different man to Donald Trump cannot be imagined - was the last British politician to inspire such frenzied crowds, through Aneurin Bevan deserves an honourable mention. Of course the anti-Catholic demagogue Lord George Gordon is something else.

      Delete