Wednesday 19 June 2013

'There is no hunting like the hunting of man'

SHARE
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

This quotation comes from Hemingway and I note that he is talking about armed men and hope they were bring hunted for a good reason. I remember reading an Edwardian travel book about South America which referred to rumours that men, 'natives' or Indians of course, had been hunted on occasion instead of wild game. Murder as big game hunting. The book made it sound unsubstantiated, but I wanted to know more. 

I hope it did not happen. I do not have time to research it on the net thoroughly.

There is an idea for a book or more probably a film here. Something like Heart of Darkness.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a Hemingway reader. One just can't read
    everything. Hunting armed men, I suppose he was
    talking about guerrilla warfare.

    ReplyDelete