Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Taxi drivers know everything

SHARE

I had a very intelligent taxi driver this evening. 

I don't travel by taxi that often, which is a shame. 

The more I see of taxi drivers, the more I think they know much more than the companymen who get their opinions from the internet. 

He said he is totally opposed to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and to America's attack on Iran and Venezuela, and on the other hand he points out that Russia was provoked by America. 

He thinks Calin Georgescu was a brilliant man. He said he had his election annulled because of interference, either by America or by the Romanian deep state. 

The mistakes CG made he said were to say he would investigate historical corrupt privatisations and say he would stop giving money to Ukraine. 

Had Georgescu not said those two things. He would probably have been allowed to win. He might be right. 

He admires Viktor Orbán, and so in some ways do I, but I pointed out that Viktor Orbán was very corrupt. This is something I know not from the media, whom I do not trust, but from various people in Hungary, whom I do trust.

There's no question that either America or the Romanian deep state annulled the elcetion but the story has been forgotten. As Tom Gallagher said to me the other day why hasn't book been published about it? 

Still, I am very grateful that Nicușor Dan won. 

Not because I think he is any good. I don't, but because after he won suddenly business sprung back to life, which it would not have done had somebody else won. That's good for me, who am in business, but for everybody. 

Romania is simply not in a position to defy NATO or America but NATO has passed its sell-by date and should be dissolved, and the sooner the better. 

If it's not dissolved, at least Great Britain should leave, but Great Britain is possibly the worst warmonger among the NATO members, even worse than Germany.

No doubt she has its reasons for wanting to remain friends with America. No doubt there are advantages that I don't know about, but I suspect the best thing we could do is leave and just tend our garden. 

The taxi driver went on to point out that Trump was obviously being blackmailed by the Israelis because of Epstein. It's odd isn't it that this is not spoken about while the obviously absurd story that Russia had something on him in his first term dominated the story of that term.

No comments:

Post a Comment