Tuesday 17 October 2023

People not to listen to

SHARE
I am fond of Israelis and Arabs but not of their leaders, but I agree with this very left-wing British politician.

Chris Mullin
I am no friend of Israel, which has its own crimes to account for, BUT anyone who is unwilling to condemn the massacre of civilians in southern Israel by Hamas gunmen is not entitled to be surprised if no one listens to what they have to say about Gaza.


Supporting the invasion of Iraq in 2013 does not argue a bad heart, unlike refusing to condemn the massacres by Hamas, but I advise you not to listen respectfully to people who made this very big mistake. 
I called that one right and many other things too. I knew the Cold War, though unnecessary, kept the peace. I did not foresee that the USSR would softly and suddenly vanish away, but nor did anyone else. My big mistakes were thinking the EEC a good thing, supporting Labour in the 1987 election faute de mieux and, until 1993, supporting the US Democrats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment