"I was 25 years in Washington essentially at the top, and those people they can't accept defeats."
"When you agree to a ceasefire before you finish off the enemy, the war's not over. And the longer this thing goes on, the more the Americans can come to the conclusion: 'We have to win this, our national prestige is at stake, America's military reputation, we can't let Iran prevail,' and they'll talk themselves into using nuclear weapons. That's the danger I've always seen, I pointed it out at the beginning, it still worries me."
"Weaponising the US dollar through sanctions is the true threat to its global reserve status."
Back in November talking to Iran's Pars Today he said:
"I was surprised that Iran did not make greater use of the Iron Dome’s ineffectiveness, as it was unable to intercept Iran’s attacks. Iran could have continued the assault and destroyed Israel.
...A ceasefire is usually proposed by the side that is losing its military advantage. In this case, Israel was able to gain an opportunity to recover by requesting a ceasefire. By accepting this pause, Iran gave Israel time to rebuild.”
I used to think he and other people like Pepe Escobar and Alastair Crooke were pretty crazy but the last few years have taught us all a lot about America.
I always trusted John Mearsheimer from at least 2014 if not long before. The Syrian war taught me to trust Alastair Crooke. I remember enjoying but distrusting Douglas Macgregor and Scott Ritter when friends sent me their broadcasts and continuing following Sir Lawrence Freedman etc etc, time thrown away.
No comments:
Post a Comment