By the way, the phrase "conspiracy theory" was invented because of the theories about Kennedy's assassination.
But what secret services do is, of course, a conspiracy. That's why they're secret.
Since I knew that the CIA, the Mossad and possibly MI6 were responsible for the demonstrations, riots, and violence in Iran at the end of December and in January (before I tracked down the evidence my common sense made me guess that that was the case) finding all sorts of very distinguished journalists, some of whom I had respected, like Joanna Coles, saying that the Iranian government killed 30,000, 40,000 or 50,000 people (all NED CIA propaganda, of course), made me realise that I absolutely believed nothing spun by the USA or Israel or which furthers their so called Western but in reality anti-Western interests.
Nothing could be more inimical to Western interests, as we see, than what the Americans and Israelis have been doing in the Middle East in the last few years.
Joanna Coles said in the entertaining podcast Inside Trump's Brain that she asked three experienced journalists whose judgment she trusted and they all said that these figures were roughly correct.
I'm sure these people were perfectly sincere but that makes it much worse. They are, of course, in Max Blumenthal's great phrase, "stenographers of empire."
In a world where we are fed misinformation constantly, where our opinions are constantly tracked by all sorts of electronic means, I'm not sure what the future means.
At the moment the internet means a huge amount of freedom of speech, a much more fluid and creative society, unlike decades ago, when everyone got their news from the newspapers or the television stations. But forces like the European Union and others will not, I think, permit this to continue.
I think a much more dystopian future beckons, where rigorous compliance checks and data let an environmental, pro-diversity Big Brother what people are thinking.
I am British and British people have a strong sense of deference to the established order. The British establishment was full of nice people educated at Oxford and Cambridge who read Greek and Latin but nowadays it's very different. The Epstein class or something like it rule Britain as they rule America.
Still one should approach conspiracy theories with great scepticism and approach the official story with equal scepticism.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist because, as all conservatives should be, I am very sceptical of all theories but I now try to be sceptical of most things.
The phrase "conspiracy theory" only recently came to be a pejorative term and it did so because conspiracy theorists hold views which are opposed to those of the authorities. Questioning official narratives and critiquing the opinions of government, they're always good things.
I'm now prepared to see the evidence. Now I start to think that John Kennedy was not killed by Oswald acting alone, which I was always certain was the case. I came to that view because apparently Kennedy's brother Robert the Attorney General was sure that his brother had been killed by the CIA. So who knows?
And it turns out the official story about September 11 is very unreliable. I'll leave it to others to spend that time delving into this, as I have other things to think about. But although the expression "great is the truth and will out" is a heartening one, very, very often it is not the case.
The nonsense spoken about distant historical events like the American Civil War or the American Revolution, or many other things, shows that myths are very deep-rooted. Poor Queen Mary I has not been rescued from the Protestant historians.
CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou is a man whom I instinctively trust. He says that on September 11 it was indeed Al Qaeda who did it, but Israeli intelligence knew about the plot beforehand and were happy to see it succeed.
Since I knew that the CIA, the Mossad and possibly MI6 were responsible for the demonstrations, riots, and violence in Iran at the end of December and in January (before I tracked down the evidence my common sense made me guess that that was the case) finding all sorts of very distinguished journalists, some of whom I had respected, like Joanna Coles, saying that the Iranian government killed 30,000, 40,000 or 50,000 people (all NED CIA propaganda, of course), made me realise that I absolutely believed nothing spun by the USA or Israel or which furthers their so called Western but in reality anti-Western interests.
Nothing could be more inimical to Western interests, as we see, than what the Americans and Israelis have been doing in the Middle East in the last few years.
Joanna Coles said in the entertaining podcast Inside Trump's Brain that she asked three experienced journalists whose judgment she trusted and they all said that these figures were roughly correct.
I'm sure these people were perfectly sincere but that makes it much worse. They are, of course, in Max Blumenthal's great phrase, "stenographers of empire."
In a world where we are fed misinformation constantly, where our opinions are constantly tracked by all sorts of electronic means, I'm not sure what the future means.
At the moment the internet means a huge amount of freedom of speech, a much more fluid and creative society, unlike decades ago, when everyone got their news from the newspapers or the television stations. But forces like the European Union and others will not, I think, permit this to continue.
I think a much more dystopian future beckons, where rigorous compliance checks and data let an environmental, pro-diversity Big Brother what people are thinking.
I am British and British people have a strong sense of deference to the established order. The British establishment was full of nice people educated at Oxford and Cambridge who read Greek and Latin but nowadays it's very different. The Epstein class or something like it rule Britain as they rule America.
Still one should approach conspiracy theories with great scepticism and approach the official story with equal scepticism.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist because, as all conservatives should be, I am very sceptical of all theories but I now try to be sceptical of most things.
The phrase "conspiracy theory" only recently came to be a pejorative term and it did so because conspiracy theorists hold views which are opposed to those of the authorities. Questioning official narratives and critiquing the opinions of government, they're always good things.
I'm now prepared to see the evidence. Now I start to think that John Kennedy was not killed by Oswald acting alone, which I was always certain was the case. I came to that view because apparently Kennedy's brother Robert the Attorney General was sure that his brother had been killed by the CIA. So who knows?
And it turns out the official story about September 11 is very unreliable. I'll leave it to others to spend that time delving into this, as I have other things to think about. But although the expression "great is the truth and will out" is a heartening one, very, very often it is not the case.
The nonsense spoken about distant historical events like the American Civil War or the American Revolution, or many other things, shows that myths are very deep-rooted. Poor Queen Mary I has not been rescued from the Protestant historians.
CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou is a man whom I instinctively trust. He says that on September 11 it was indeed Al Qaeda who did it, but Israeli intelligence knew about the plot beforehand and were happy to see it succeed.
That might explain a number of strange things.
I'm sure if the Israeli intelligence had known about it they would have been happy and in fact I don't blame them because it was in Israel's interests. That's how intelligence agencies are.
Or the Mossad at least. Western interests and Israeli interests are very far apart, to put it mildly.
Odd how people got very emotional about September 11 - that Americans didI understand as it's their country but why did the British and all sorts of people around the world get emotional about this?
Most don't care about people in the Middle East being killed by Americans but they care very much about Americans being killed. I'm not quite sure why.
They care about fictitious Iranians who were killed by what they always call the regime.
Odd how people got very emotional about September 11 - that Americans didI understand as it's their country but why did the British and all sorts of people around the world get emotional about this?
Most don't care about people in the Middle East being killed by Americans but they care very much about Americans being killed. I'm not quite sure why.
They care about fictitious Iranians who were killed by what they always call the regime.
They do not to talk about the Israeli regime.
Most people don't care or know about the people killed, for example, in Lebanon by the IDF nor do they care about the people dying in Sudan.
People are not uncaring. It's just that they are manipulated by the media, which is manipulated by the CIA ultimately and its sidekick MI6, Robin to the CIA's Batman.
I discovered today that there are absolutely serious people who actually believe that the Americans organised September 11th themselves.
I say this because I heard a former American Republican congressman this afternoon saying exactly that: that he was about to be appointed chairman of an important House of Representatives committee, with the backing of Donald Rumsfeld, before he announced this.
He was threatened that if he published a book about the subject his family might be harmed. In fact he's bringing out the book now.
The former Congressman speaks here starting at 29.05.
The first time I heard anyone suggest people thought American government culpability was a possibility was when a Russian told me that he did not believe the Americans were responsible for September 11 and I replied, "Who does?" His English wife leaned forward and said, "Russians do."
Most people don't care or know about the people killed, for example, in Lebanon by the IDF nor do they care about the people dying in Sudan.
People are not uncaring. It's just that they are manipulated by the media, which is manipulated by the CIA ultimately and its sidekick MI6, Robin to the CIA's Batman.
I discovered today that there are absolutely serious people who actually believe that the Americans organised September 11th themselves.
I say this because I heard a former American Republican congressman this afternoon saying exactly that: that he was about to be appointed chairman of an important House of Representatives committee, with the backing of Donald Rumsfeld, before he announced this.
He was threatened that if he published a book about the subject his family might be harmed. In fact he's bringing out the book now.
The former Congressman speaks here starting at 29.05.
The first time I heard anyone suggest people thought American government culpability was a possibility was when a Russian told me that he did not believe the Americans were responsible for September 11 and I replied, "Who does?" His English wife leaned forward and said, "Russians do."
My feeling then and my feeling now is that had it been organised by George W. Bush it would have gone badly wrong.
The Likud is feared even in DC and we know it's the reincarnation of the Stern gang and the Irgun - gangsters, as much as, for example, their friends in Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf states are gangsters.
They're all gangster states, apart from the one country that's not a gangster state in that area, which is actually Iran. I just thought of that.
The USA nowadays is a gangster state too if it wasn't always.
Europeans connect with the US through visits, influential US pop culture, and sometimes shared descent or religion. Many Europeans do not identify with Arab faith or customs and would prefer that Middle Easterners not come to live in Europe. They tend to not be concerned about Arabs being killed because they see that places like Syria and Libya are in endless turmoil.
ReplyDeleteI would endorse your analysis.
ReplyDeleteFor myself, I am sure that "the official story" is now always wrong, and fundamentally misleading. And it probably always has been - albeit getting worse and worse, more and more rapidly, about more and more things!
This is because the official story is generated and sustained by people whose motivations are (increasingly) bad: the people who run things, the ruling class, the leadership class of all the major institutions (including churches).
(This seems very obvious indeed; but also I have known or met quite a few of these people - over the years.)
So I know what is Not true; but very seldom know what *is* true; and there is really no way of me finding-out what is true - except in a few areas where I have personal knowledge or contacts, or perhaps knowledge in very general (not detailed) terms.
However, this little is also enough for my purposes. What I do not know, is not essential (not least because I could not do anything constructive about it) - and what I need to know it is possible for me to know.
Such, for me, is guaranteed by my Christian beliefs; and indeed it also applies to these Christian beliefs, which are Much simpler and more minimalist than almost all other Christians past and present!
Such is, and probably always has been, the nature of this mortal
life.
Bruce G Charlton
Thank you very much for interesting thoughts with which I largely agree and for giving your name.
Delete